Friday, November 2, 2012

November Gratitude Day 1 & 2

Yep, I'm going to follow suit and post something I'm grateful for every day.  Since I forgot yesterday, I'm going to do the biggest thing I'm grateful for right now, all in one, so that I'll have to dig a little deeper throughout the month.

I am grateful for this.

Eight years ago I fell in love with a wonderful, amazing man who works incredibly hard to support our family, take care of me, and puts up with all my crazy.  He highlights what I am, fills in what I am not, and gives me unconditional--truly unconditional, even when I'm sick or grouchy or downright mean--love.  He is an incredible father and husband.  He comes up the stairs from work and before he even has a chance to use the bathroom, he's asked me how he can help me.  I am grateful for this companion who makes me laugh, who helps me grow, and who I can help grow in return.  I am grateful for Cody.

Since our wedding seven years ago, three fantastic, beautiful children have entered our home.  They are each unique, special, and so precious to me.  I am grateful that they are healthy, eager to learn, and eager to please.  I'm grateful for their curiosity, even though it often ends in messes.  I'm grateful for their independence, even if I have to wash the bathroom mirror every single day.  I'm grateful for their sweet spirits that reminds me how amazing and fragile youth is, and how imagination is only as limited as we force it to be.  I'm grateful for the nightmares that mean I get to hold my child for another night, and I'm grateful I can sing them lullabies and touch their soft hair and smell their sweet skin.  I know so many people who don't have this opportunity, and my heart aches for them.  My children are my greatest source of joy.  They are my world and my life.  I am so grateful that I was chosen to be their mother.

I'll try hard now to post something I'm grateful for every day until Thanksgiving, as a constant reminder of all I have that is special and wonderful to me.  Some might be silly, some more sacred, but I am excited to discover just how much I have to be grateful for--probably enough that I'll still have a bunch I didn't even think of in 20 days!

2 comments:

Laurie Fifield said...

Now I'm sad that I will be away from the computer for the next two weeks. I'll have some catch up to do.

Nikki said...

Ahh, I just love this post. Although, I don't believe even for a micro-second that you could ever be mean. ever.