Monday, November 12, 2012

Thankful 12

Today I'm grateful for good deals!  I've been stocking up, getting ready for Thanksgiving.

My sister Sara and I worked out an "extreme couponing" adventure last week that was lots of fun for me.  We loaded a full cart and had a coupon for everything in it, except for 2 cans of corn (which we used as an item on which to use a catalina coupon, so I guess we even had a coupon for that).  We came out of there saving roughly 52% on our deal... but better yet, the items we purchased weren't just junk food, they were Thanksgiving items (like stuffing, chicken broth, etc). 

I'm grateful I have a well-stocked grocery store I can go to.  I've been heartsick watching all the news on Hurricane Sandy and the devastation there.  I wish I could do more to help.  I'm so grateful for my warm home and my food storage and being able to stock up while the price is right and save money while still enjoying the comforts of a nice home.  I'm grateful for my mom saving her coupons for me. :)  I'm grateful for the ability to live simply, but beautifully.

No comments: