Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankful 20

Today I'm grateful for my parents and my parents-in-law and how they raised Cody and I.



I'll probably get in trouble for stealing this photo off my mom's blog.  I scoured my pictures on my computer and couldn't find a good one in the last year of my parents together.  Desperate times call for desperate measures. :D

Cody and I both come from wonderful homes.  We were both taught as children to put the Lord first, and to work hard and to be compassionate--things we both learned primarily by example.  Our parents love us and we love them.  They have always been sources of inspiration and guidance and I'm so grateful I have these marvelous examples of righteous, powerful parenthood to rely on as I raise my own children.  I hope someday my kids look up to me the way I look up to my parents. I also hope someday I get to go on a cruise around the Panama canal and snap a photo of Cody and I waving from the turquoise Caribbean...but even more I hope I can smile from the temple grounds while I wait for my daughter to emerge with her new husband... I am so grateful for the parentage we have and generations of examples that precede us; and I will forever be thankful that I was given the childhood I had--yes, even when I was FORCED to haul dirt to the garden.  I'm thankful that our parents are still our parents, and they all play such a special and beautiful role as grandparents to our children.  I'm grateful they were our parents, still are, and always will be.

1 comment:

Angeli said...

Cute pictures and nice comments. Thanks Lisa and Cody. We love and appreciate you two too!