Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankful 4

At age 4, my mother started teaching me to play the piano.  I took piano lessons until I went to college, at which point I majored in Music Education (including even more piano lessons).  I'm grateful for each of those lessons, because it brought music into my life, and brought me to music.  Yes, those are two different things.  Being able to express myself through music, and having been granted this opportunity to develop my talents and find beautiful ways of sharing them with others, is something I will forever be thankful for.  It is a special part of my life, and I am grateful for my parents and their unending support--paying for lessons, listening to Hanon exercises every... single... morning....  I am also grateful that I now have the same opportunity to pass my love of music to my children, and I enjoy teaching them Piano lessons and starting down this new road with them.  I love music!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Wow! That is a long life of piano! I didn't start until just before age 9. And I LOVE music! Your mom is awesome. And you too. ;)