Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful 6

I'm so grateful to have good food to eat.  I've been worried a lot about the people affected by Hurricane Sandy--and every other disaster for that matter--and it makes me appreciate the bounty the Lord has sent our family.  We don't have a lot of money, but we can afford good food, and I have been given a special talent, that I've worked hard to develop, in cooking.  I love being able to gather together with my husband and children and share a meal together at least once a day.  This is a huge blessing and one that always brings me joy.  I've also been able to put away a lovely cellar full of food and 2 freezers full of frozen goods, in case the time comes when we need to live off of our food storage.  But today I'm especially thankful for my tastebuds and that something as simple as eating can be such a special, fun experience.  Like this.

Fresh apple pie.  And, there's 2 more pie fillings just like it in the freezer, ready for Thanksgiving, or just any day.  I love food!

No comments: