Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Naughty or nice?

Our kids broke the legs off our Elf on a Shelf.  I told them they killed one of Santa's elves, and that they would have to be extra nice to get out of this hole.  Lee simply replied, "Well, it's okay.  Santa has more elves."  I know I was a bit extreme, but really?  I think my kids are just as destructive as any others, but sometimes it's pretty frustrating. 

But, they are sweet and tenderhearted and eager to please, even when they make messes or dump out an entire bottle of my expensive peppermint essential oil, or rip the nativity advent calendar I spent hours making to shreds... I know they are just trying to make the house smell nice or they want to find Baby Jesus... they have their own reasoning.  My children most certainly are children, but they are definitely on the nice list.  Especially when they look like this:


No comments: