Thursday, January 17, 2013

My 32 year old man

Another year has passed and we celebrated Cody's birthday yesterday.  I've thought a lot about where we were last year, building the house, and how much has changed since then.  We are so much happier now than we have ever been.

Cody's birthday was lots of fun.  I overslept by 45 minutes, but after I exercised and raced back home, we sang Happy Birthday to Cody while he was working and then I made him waffles.  The kids helped me clean the house and make "Decorations" (Lee's favorite part of birthdays), and when Cody got off of work at 2:30 we were all ready for our party.  I had my mom watch the kids while Cody and I wandered around Lowe's, shopping for Birthday presents.  This year it's fun to use birthdays as an excuse to splurge on something fun for the house.  I wonder if it will always be like that?  Cody decided to get the materials to add another couple of outlets to the house.  We're going to have to have some help installing it, but it is going to be fun!  Then we came home, had Japanese Curry for dinner and chocolate cupcakes filled with peanut butter cream and topped with ganache.  What a great day!  Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures.  Maybe I'll get the camera out this weekend when we put in the outlets?  :)

Happy Birthday, Cody!  We love you!

1 comment:

Granny D Fifield said...

Happy Birthday Cody! We are so glad you are ours.