Thursday, June 6, 2013

19 Weeks

Can you believe I'm really 19 weeks along today?  Me neither.  I don't know if it's been busier this time around or I've been taking more naps or if I'm easily distracted or what, but this pregnancy seems to be going very fast to me.  It's good because I'm not stressing over it so much and I know I won't be very comfortable in just a few short months, but it's also slipping by so quickly that I'm worried I won't have time to prepare everything.

Things that have been sucking up my attention:
The kids helping daddy build and hang a bat house by the garden
-My sweet, sweet children!  Lee finished school and we are already completely in the summer routine.  Keeping the kids mentally and physically stimulated without wearing myself out is a challenge.  The trampoline is helping, and we took the training wheels off of Lee's bike and now he is really proud to ride his bike (and does extremely well). 
-Our gorgeous yard and house, keeping it clean and upkeep on yardwork and the garden.
-Potty training Katie, which is going surprisingly well.  She does very well if we take her potty every forty minutes or so, but doesn't yet consistently tell us she needs to go.  I'm hoping if she has enough success for long enough with our encouragement, that pretty soon it will just be habit. Maybe? 






-Cody's new work schedule and position.  I suppose it really is taking up more of his time, but I have been relying on him so much that when there's a slight change in our schedule it kind of throws me for a loop.
-My  own weak body.  Far too often I forget that the reason why I feel miserable is because I'm growing another beautiful human being inside me and that I should be happy, or at least content, with the aches and pains and headaches and food aversions because it's to be expected.  But usually I'm not content, just grumpy and focus on my pain and discomfort now instead of what the future is going to bring.  Yep, gotta work on that one some more...
 -And all those little things that seem to come up all day every day and are so important at the time but a few days later you've completely forgotten about them.

But, like I said, it's going fast and here we are at just about the halfway point of this pregnancy.  Yesterday we had our big ultrasound.  Cody's always wanted to have a baby where we didn't find out the gender until it was born, but I'm far too much of a worry wart to do that.  This time, Cody came up with the idea of having the Ultrasound Tech write down the gender and seal it in an envelope, and then we'd make some kind of a party out of revealing what it said.  I figured this was a pretty good compromise, so we asked my sister Sara to make a cake that is either pink or blue inside and when we cut it open, we will find out if we are having a boy or a girl. 

What does it say in this envelope??
The reveal party is scheduled for tomorrow, Friday June 7 at 7:00 PM.  You can come if you want to!  Or, you can check out the blog tomorrow night after I have a chance to post the video here.  It is going to be fun.  But other than that, the ultrasound went very well.  Baby #4 was wiggly and heartbeat happily thumping away at 146 bpm.  The growth measured perfectly at 18 wks 6 days (exactly where I was yesterday) so I guess my estimated due date of Halloween was spot on.  Like Katie, this little one didn't have a huge desire to show off its face, but everything else was easy to get a picture of.  It's always such a huge relief to see the 4 chambers of the heart, the pearly string of spine, the arms and feet and little mouth sucking away on a thumb.  It is amazing to get that little peek into the world of our growing baby and realize that in just another 20 weeks or so, we will be holding a precious bundle of joy and new member of our family! 

1 comment:

John and Anna said...

Exciting! Can't wait to hear what you are having! Your kids are darling. :)