Friday, July 19, 2013

A little moment to help me remember

I love the chance to snuggle with my kids, especially when they first wake up in the morning.  Recently I've been waking up a few minutes before them, so I'm either up and at 'em before they come out, or they'll climb in bed with Cody and I for a few minutes.  Either way, the morning routine is pretty much the same: the minute Cody or I sees each child, we squeal their name with delight, give them big hugs and kisses, and then just hold them for a while.  I usually rub their backs, ask them how they slept, and tell them how much I love them and how happy I am to see them that morning.  I usually use some pet names too, like, "Hi there my sweet precious Katie bubble!  Did you sleep well?"  Or "There's my stud muffin awesome dude Lee!  What do you want to do today?"  or "Annalisa my beautiful eyes big smart girl!  I'm so happy to see you; what do you want for breakfast?"  Well, this morning I woke up at 6 AM and had to go to the bathroom, but was too tired to get up so I went back to sleep and in a rare occurrence, Anna actually physically woke me up.  She climbed in bed next to me, kissed my cheek, and when I opened my eyes she rubbed my hair and said, "Hi, my precious mommy!"  It totally brightened my whole morning.  Well, obviously, because I'm STILL talking about it. :)

It was one of those moments that I heard myself come out my daughter's mouth.  That happens frequently, actually, and all the kids do it.  It's the moments that I realize that they hear everything I say, for good or bad; and not only do they hear it, but they will repeat it, even if when I said it they pretended to ignore me.  Fortunately, this morning it was something I'm proud to have my children repeat.  Hopefully I can remember how happy it made me to hear those sweet words and actions repeated by my daughter, and give her lots more similar experiences to emulate. 

Note, the picture is from Cody's phone.  He's been trying some different settings, including this "motion" one.

2 comments:

Laurie Fifield said...

Those moments are the reason we blog and journal. Thanks for sharing.

Granny D Fifield said...

Definitely a moment to remember. We never get to many