Thursday, October 10, 2013

37 Weeks-- "Full Term"

Well, we've managed to reach 37 weeks without me spontaneously combusting, so that's pretty good!  This week has been more of the same: uncomfortable, tired, insomnia, nausea, food aversions, congestion, and all the other abnormalities that are normal with pregnancy.  Tuesday night/Wednesday morning was a particularly rough moment for me with some uncomfortable contractions and aching from head to toe.  I sure hope I don't have many more nights like that, unless it results in steady contractions that send me to the hospital to have this baby.  Ha ha!  Even my doctor doubts that will happen.

Fortunately, everything else is just fine.  I did progress just a smidgen this week: 1.5 cm.  We continue to count down the days and try to check off the to-do list.  Cody is better at the latter and I'm better at the former.  This week, he managed to clean the oven, take down the garden, bring in 2 yards of dairy compost to amend the soil, clean the basement and garage, rearrange the girl's bedroom, set up Elsie's changing table, and take me on a date.  Me, on the other hand?  Hm... I helped a bit with the garden (mostly I sat on a chair and played with Katie and watched Cody do it), I made some enchiladas for the freezer, and tried (but failed) not to complain too much.  :)  I DID win 2 tickets to a big football game and we went to that.  It was a great date, except our team lost and our star quarterback was seriously injured and is now out for the season... bummer.  I love my husband and kids and family and friends and how much help and support they've given us. 

Now, we'll see how much longer this pregnancy lasts.  Dr. Clark still says he will induce me at 39 weeks if all looks well, but I can elect to wait a bit longer too.  Considering the fun things going on the week of Halloween, I should probably wait until after my due-date.  But considering how uncomfortable I feel right now?  October 24 is pretty attractive...

No comments: