Thursday, October 24, 2013

The night before...

Tomorrow's the day of the induction!  It's been a busy couple of days, but I need to take a moment to record and reflect before this big occasion.

I just called Lee and Annalisa to me (Katie is too young still) and had a very open and honest conversation with them detailing exactly what is going to happen tomorrow.  Annalisa was wondering how they would get Elsie out of me, so I told them.  I used terminology they would understand, like "Birth Canal" and "Special tube" and "squeeeezy contractions."  I told them it would hurt me, but I would be so excited to meet Elsie.  I told them I'd have special medicines to help me not hurt too much.  I told them I would bleed and need some special bandages for a while.  But I told them not to be worried and that they would see me soon and that most important of all--I love them and am proud of them.  We had a big hug and they handled everything SO well.  I know they are prepared and excited as well, and now I have confidence they won't be scared either.  I spent the day with just Katie today as we worked on applesauce.  I hope the time alone with mommy will help her to feel loved as well.

Now, I'm wondering what Elsie is doing tonight.  We are deeply religious and I know we lived with God before we were born.  I have a feeling she's having a goodbye party tonight--hanging out with her deceased grandparents, perhaps future siblings or her own future children, and giving them hugs and loves just like we would be if we were about to go on a big trip.  Perhaps Heavenly Father is taking her aside and explaining exactly what's about to happen, so she won't be worried or scared either.  I know He's taking the time to give her a hug and a kiss and make sure she knows He loves her, just like I did for my kids today.  He doesn't want her to be scared either.  I have a feeling he's also sending a hug for me... and I honestly can't wait to get it. :)

We are excited and nervous about tomorrow, but we are ready. Baby Elsie--I hope you're ready too!  I can't wait to hold you and meet you, even though I already feel like I know you after carrying you these last 9 months.  One thing I know most of all: I love you.  See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Granny D Fifield said...

We will be thinking about you every minute and praying for you and Elsie

Laurie Fifield said...

Someday you're going to get big money for your writing.